Free online training
ActiveLearn is simple to use and takes very little time to set up, but free online training is available to help provide you and your colleagues with support and guidance.
Each training session is delivered via Webinar (an online seminar), enabling you to sign in and view the session either from your school or home computers. With each 45-minute session scheduled at the end of the school day, they are a convenient and cost-effective way of enabling the whole department to get up to speed.
ActiveLearn promotional introductionHow do I sign up?
This free session is for teachers who haven't bought ActiveLearn yet. Here, you'll find out much more about how ActiveLearn works for all subjects and how it can support your students.
In it you will:
- Learn how ActiveLearn uses guided practice and exam-style questions to help your students build their skills.
- Find out how ActiveLearn helps students take control of their own learning and motivates them to succeed.
- See how ActiveLearn gives you a picture of the progress students are making and the areas where they may need more support and practice.
ActiveLearn training: getting started
This is a free training session aimed at covering the essentials to get you started with ActiveLearn. This is for those who have bought ActiveLearn, or those who would like to know more than the introductory session provides.
In it you will:
- Learn how to set up and manage your groups in ActiveLearn.
- See how to create assignments from the ActiveLearn exercises.
- Find out how your students can study independently using ActiveLearn.
ActiveLearn training: reporting and feedback
This is a free training session that shows you how to make the best use of ActiveLearn’s reporting and feedback features. This is for those who have bought ActiveLearn and have already attended the getting started session.
In it you will:
- Learn how to create teacher reports and feedback.
- Understand how to view and interpret student results and feedback.
- Find out how to manage your account.
How do they work?
- Viewing one of our online training events is extremely simple.
- All participants view the trainer's computer screen remotely as (s)he demonstrates ActiveLearn. You will have the opportunity to ask questions during the workshop.
- You'll need a computer with a broadband internet connection and headphones or speakers.
- Training sessions have a limited number of places to optimize the workshop experience so it's important that you book a place.
How do I sign up?
Signing up for a training session is easy and, best of all, FREE!
The table below shows the sessions available for each subject. All events start at 4 pm and last 45 mins. Just decide which date suits you and click on the session title. You will then be taken to a registration page and to register simply scroll down the page and click on 'Register'. We will then send you instant confirmation including a link to your training session, and we will also remind you nearer the time!
|ActiveLearn: Getting Started||07/05/2014|
|ActiveLearn: Getting Started||21/05/2014|
|ActiveLearn: Getting Started||04/06/2014|
|ActiveLearn: Getting Started||18/06/2014|
|ActiveLearn: Getting Started||02/07/2014|
|ActiveLearn: Getting Started||16/07/2014|
|ActiveLearn: Promotional Introduction||20/05/2014|
Reporting and Feedback
|ActiveLearn: Reporting and Feedback||08/05/2014|
|ActiveLearn: Reporting and Feedback||22/05/2014|
|ActiveLearn: Reporting and Feedback||05/06/2014|
|ActiveLearn: Reporting and Feedback||19/06/2014|
|ActiveLearn: Reporting and Feedback||03/07/2014|
|ActiveLearn: Reporting and Feedback||17/07/2014|